Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
"I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-21

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Harper is 9!

Dear Harper,

Well, I am 9 years into being a mom (thanks to you!) and here is what I've learned so far: it doesn't get easier! You are the most amazing girl and I am so thankful I get to be your mom! I think before you were born I had so many ideas of how amazing I'd be and how perfectly this all would go and I'm continually being humbled the farther along I go in this motherhood journey. And that is OKAY! I think making mistakes and being human and owning up to those mistakes to you will help you truly understand what grace and mercy really look like.

We have battled more in the past year than probably in the other years combined. And I know it is because of this strange in between world we live in where you are growing up and becoming independent but where I am still responsible for your safety and your upbringing. You are SO bright and SO kind and SO independent but you are still not ready to be fully independent and make all of your own choices...even though I know you disagree!
I am so thankful for your desire to be independent and I know it will serve you well once you actually are an adult. I am thankful for sweet friends who are ahead of me on this motherhood journey who speak truth about their experiences- but do so in a way that encourages me and excites me for what is to come!

Harper- in all of my wildest dreams and deepest worries about becoming a mother I could never have imagined having such a beautiful soul to shepherd into adulthood. God literally gave me both a miniature version of myself and the best version of myself I could ever hope for in you. It is sometimes painful to watch you struggle the same struggles I had or make the same mistakes I made BUT every single day I have the joy of watching your precious, tender heart grow and care for others. Every day on the way to school you ask to pray for someone who is sick or hurting or struggling or just needs a friend. And every single day you show great compassion for life- both human and animal. You have so much more patience than I do for the dogs, the fish, your brother...and I'm thankful for your life as a reminder of WHY I get out of bed each morning and march forward.

Harper- so much time has passed (in your short life) that you may not remember but for four and a half years you were my buddy- we had each other and that was that! I know for almost two years of that I was pregnant and tired and sad. But you brought joy to our lives that would not have been possible if it weren't for YOU! No matter how frustrated I get at you or how annoyed you get at me, just remember- there is only one you! And you were created for a purpose in this life! And you have already been fulfilling that purpose by bringing JOY to the hearts of SO many! As you continue to grow up and continue to become more independent I am praying that you continue to see your worth and your purpose. Because God has called us to SO much and he doesn't have a plan B. YOU are his plan A. And you are capable of the great calling He has put on your life! Harper, you will do amazing things and I am so thankful I get to be a participant in this wild ride! Always keep your enthusiasm for life, always keep your sparkle! From the moment you were born we saw a fire in your eyes and I know that will take you far!
I love you!
-Mom
When tacky day is on your birthday mom makes sure to get a picture on picture day instead!
 Harper got to have solve a mystery with her cousins this year for her birthday!


They all enjoyed figuring out clues and getting a finders fee at the end!






No comments:

Blog Archive