Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
"I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-21

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Open Book

***Disclaimer...my blog posts may not be frequent, life is too important and too busy for me to use my time for blogging when I could be doing something important. I will, however, try to catch up with life when I have some rare free time! In 2013 I do not resolve to be a better blogger...because I'd like to be a better mother, wife, daughter, worker, etc. Sorry blog world!****

So, in my younger years I've been called unemotional, unfeeling, even cold hearted. And that was by my friends! Maybe ironically enough, these characterizations never hurt my feelings. I never cried at movies, never got as giddy as other teens, never had the outward signs of emotions that is stereotypical of a lot of girls. I chalk it up to my 'unfeeling' British heritage. The reason I mention this is that in November I took a HUGE step outside my comfort zone and participated in the 'Thirty Days of Thankfulness' . Well, at the time I didn't realize that is what it was called and I just participated until Thanksgiving Day. Anyways. The point is, I put myself out there which is unusual for me since I am not a mushy person. When I decided to participate I had several things I was thankful for that I knew I would include. Then I figured I would run out of things to list so I had some funny/sarcastic things to be thankful for. Much to my surprise, I never ran out of actual things to be thankful for! I mean, I really am thankful for so much in my life but I thought thinking of a new thing every day would eventually become hard. It wasn't. God used that time to show me just how much he has give me...given all of us! I write this to encourage anyone reading (all 3 of you) to pick a month (don't wait until November, pick February, it's short! ;-)) and either publicly on FB or privately come up with one thing each day to be thankful for. I found my attitude changing during this time. Instead of coming up with snarky posts about Muscogee County drivers traffic I was excited to share about something positive. It also put that person/place/situation on my heart for that day as well. If you choose not to share your thoughts publicly then I encourage you to write them down. Being able to go back and reflect on what I was thankful for is so encouraging. It was important to me to acknowledge mine publicly since I tend to be an emotionally private person. But either way- try it! I bet you'll discover a world of blessings to be thankful for!

No comments:

Blog Archive