Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
"I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-21

Monday, September 29, 2014

Fourth Birthday Fun!

So, if you've known me for some length of time you know I adore birthdays. Not just my own, but I love celebrating! It of course all started when I was little and my parents made me feel so special and loved on my birthday. Some years we had great, big, fun parties and some years it was just our family, but they were all special and fun! I love birthdays so much, in fact, that one year I was sad that my group of friends and I would be driving back from an amazing trip to Florida on my birthday. I didn't want to spend my birthday in the car! But it ended up being so fun and a great time hanging out. Anyway, I have loved birthdays and wanted to do it up for my children's birthdays loooong before there was even a thought of Pinterest. I know that the pressure that Pinterest puts on parents (mostly moms) to have these perfect parties is probably unbelievable. I am thankful for the resource of Pinterest but also thankful that I've never felt the pressure from outside sources. This year Harper's party was super big and super fun, but very very low stress on me! All I really had to do was show up with some food. It was a 'woodland' theme and we had it at a local nature center here in town. They do a program for kids followed by a nature hike (on a not so stroller friendly trail as we found out!) and then the kids can go to the playground on the site. Below are pictures from the day. We had a lovely time and enjoyed getting to celebrate and enjoyed watching Harper and all her friends enjoy learning about nature!
 Lots of yummy snack food. Who needs decorations when you have this beautiful backdrop?
 Toadstool cupcakes!
 My precious, brave, adventurous girl!
 My mom made these awesome containers as table decorations!
 We have them at home now and Harper loves to study them!
 The kids were so focused on the program!
 Harper liked getting to help in the presentation!
 Seriously, have you ever seen kids sit this still?
 She had a great time!
 The kids were all more brave than their parents!
 An historical occasion, my dad touched the snake! 
 Parents of kids that were there, I need to email out the pictures we have of your kids with the snake!
 BFFs!
 Hiking...
 Serious hiking!
 Harper even got her own walking stick!
All of the kids that would sit still for a picture! Such a fun time!

No comments:

Blog Archive