Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
"I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-21

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Heartbroken

Sorry about the quietness on the blog front. I've been working on spending more quality time with Harper and that leaves a lot of chores to do while she naps, which is normally when I blog. Anyway.

So, Jason will tell you. I HATE controversy. I shy away from it whenever possible. Wimp? Maybe. So for me to write ANY word about this whole crazy Chik-fil-A thing is shocking to even me. But I have been so heartbroken at the hurt and anger (out of hurt) that this has created. It breaks my heart to see people passive aggressively and just aggressively lash out on both sides of the 'argument'. When we go at each other out of fear or hate or blind rage it can not lead to anything good. I wish that people today, instead of eating at Chik-fil-A, had stayed home instead and fasted and thought about ways they could improve their own lives. Matthew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?". I can not put in to words what I feel about this, however, my sweet friend Andi (see her blog here) posted this awesome link to a blog by Perry Noble which pretty much sums up what is wrong with this whole situation. Look for the best line- "After looking at this list I would say we are all pretty much screwed unless Jesus intervenes." 
Read me please!
If you read this and you are hurt or offended I really am sorry. I put this link up out of love. 
Oh, and PS- I disagree strongly on one point he made. The 'Oatmeal Cookie Chunk' is NOT the best Ben and Jerry's flavor!

No comments:

Blog Archive