Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
"I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-21

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Meredith's manners- travel etiquette with children

I love people watching. Here are some travel tips based on my observations this weekend.

1) Just because I have a child does not mean I like your children, nor do I want them climbing on me, my luggage, or my child, especially when said children have been coughing and crying.
2) When in a crowded public area it is best to actually keep an eye on your children. Otherwise they might wander off and meet strangers, get lost, or bother other people (see above).
3) Allowing your child to kick the back of someone's seat on a plane is NOT polite.
4) This goes for all travelers: while I do enjoy chatting with people next to me on the plane, I probably don't want to hear your entire life story the entire flight. Sometimes I like to sleep or read. This also goes for most other travelers. When you increase the number of alcoholic drinks consumed that does not increase the likelihood that I want to hear about your friends from when you were in high school. (This makes me sound anti-social...I really do enjoy chatting with people on the plane, but I observed a lady today who went on and on the entire flight to the guy next to her and she never got the hint that he didn't want her to keep talking!)
5)This goes for all adult travelers: consuming large amounts of alcohol, either in the terminal or on the flight, is probably NEVER a good idea. It results in quotes like this- said loudly on the large escalators at the Atlanta airport in front of a LOT of people "I had an epiphany today. I don't hate babies. I like them. I sat next to this 12 year old on the plane and it gave me hope." HAHAHA!

By the way, miraculously- our flight arrived home 30 minutes early!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive