Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
"I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-21

Thursday, March 3, 2011

5 months old!





Wow, a lot has happened since January...I need to blog more so the non-facebook crowd can keep up with my life! Let's start with Harper. She is 5 months, 1 week old. She can now shimmy and scoot around pretty much wherever she wants to go (which isn't super far since she just wants to get to things that she can see). She isn't crawling, but using a combination of rolling, scooting, pushing, and pulling to get where she wants to go. She is more entertained by her toys now but her favorite thing is still to just talk to someone. At daycare they say she talks all day long (loudly) and sometimes not to anyone in particular, she just babbles to herself. She is her mother's child, I suppose. Once when I took her to Publix (I can't just say "the grocery store" because it is so much better...but I digress) she talked the whole time and people actually commented on how much she was talking. When I say talking I mean babbling. She even does some variegated babbling, for you SLP's. She also says 'mama' sometimes (not as a word, just as babble) but I still run over to her and say "I'm your mama!" or "Here's mama!". Just so she knows. And maybe she'll say mama first. But probably not, because she thinks the word dada is hilarious. She is cutting her first tooth and was absolutely miserable Tuesday. She had her first fever, but thankfully it was due to teething and not to illness! I hope she has someone else's teeth...all of mine had to be pulled but two (one naturally came out at the age of 10, the other got knocked out in a skateboarding accident when I was 7 or 8). Okay, so there is the Harper update. She is still the sweetest baby. Very chill but also very quick to let you know what she thinks, I am just thankful that most of the time she is happy so she smiles to tell us she's happy. On to other updates. WE. SOLD. OUR. HOUSE. Two years in the making, but we did it! We are so happy to be looking for our first REAL house and a place for our new family. Harper is excited about having a new room and Toby is happy to finally have a yard. I am just happy that everyone will be happy! Love to all!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive