Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
"I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."
-Ephesians 3:17-21

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Surviving!



(this picture is from Christmas, but seriously, every time a car drives by this is what happens!)

Okay, so I should probably not have titled this blog so dramatically, but that is how I feel! Jason is out of the country (in Argentina) and he only left yesterday but already I miss him! I have lived by myself, and have lived without him, for most of my life, so I know I CAN live by myself, I just chose not to when we got married! My last first day of school was today (just think about it for a minute)so I have been so busy that I can distract myself from the thought that my husband is 1,000's of miles away. The problem comes with the dog, Toby. I thought he would be so worn after after attending dog daycare for 12 hours today that he wouldn't notice that Jason wasn't home. Shows how much I know! He keeps giving me what we call "basset hound eyes" (those sad puppy eyes) and every time a car drives by the poor thing jumps up and runs to the front window and looks out thinking that Jason has come home. I realize that the dog whisperer would say he just wants his pack home or something, but it is sad! I am thankful that God has blessed me with such a wonderful husband who is such a strong presence in our family that he is greatly missed by both me and the dog!!! Until Saturday when he comes home Toby and I will keep ourselves busy and enjoy some extra hang out time.
On a side note, I really do not know how single parents do it, or even how my mom managed every time my dad was TDY (that is military for a business trip). I know I am not a parent, and I would never think for one minute that this was anything like raising a child alone, but just taking care of a dog and a house by myself after getting used to having someone else there is hard!!! I have so much more respect and awe for my mom (during TDY's) and all other parents out there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it. the dog whisperer.... if you need extra distraction- just call. be glad to provide. really.

Blog Archive